I am off on my first press trip to…. China!
I am very grateful to Picvoyage for the recommendation and will be traveling with Majestic vacations on a 5-day trip, highlights of which include the Great Wall and the Forbidden City, as well as cultural attractions such as museums, galleries and sporting venues.
I will be keeping a blog diary of the trip, every place I visit, every unusual bite I eat and all of the fascinating people I am sure to meet.
To prepare for the trip I have been reading up on China and on press trips in general and from a range of resources have compiled the following must do’s:
- Find an interesting and unexpected slant to stories in order to maximize the chances of selling my finished pieces when I return
- Get a new camera- my decade old Canon isn’t going to cut it
- Borrow a small laptop- I have been advised not to take my laptop with me due to issues of security
- Notebook and good pens- oooh a chance to buy new stationary- my not so guilty secret!
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Bring business cards- I decided to take the opportunity get some new business cards made from Zazzle and I am really happy with them
- Travel alarm clock-I won’t have my usual toddler alarm clock with me so I’ll need a traditional one
- A stapler- I found a top press trip tip on Matador– every business card/flyer/slip of paper can be immediately stapled into a small spiral bound notepad to keep everything secure and organized.
I am so very looking forward to seeing all that China has to offer and finding some unique viewpoints and stories to share.
But I must admit that as a Mother to a toddler, who recently endured a 20-hour trip, I am also really looking forward to a peaceful flight!