A marriage is so much more than just a wedding. A romance that will last a lifetime takes dedication, teamwork, compromise and a good sense of humor. The wedding is just a small part of the bigger picture, that one special day, which symbolizes all the promises that a couple vow to keep, in pursuit of wedded bliss. It’s the narrative of your love story to be passed down to children and grandchildren, and what better way to begin this story, than with the perfect proposal.
Big gaudy proposals that feature dancing flash mobs, are the stuff of viral video dreams- but if they’re not your style, never fear, keeping it simple is also an excellent strategy.
The most important part of proposing is actually asking the love of your life to be with you, forever. If you are sincere, honest and vulnerable, you’re half way to a yes!
Read on for more tips….
- Photo Perfect Place– Choose a special place to do the deed, ideally somewhere that has great significance to the two of you, perhaps where you first met or where you went on your first date, a special vacation spot or favorite part of the city would also be a great choice.
- Timing is everything– Consider proposing on a special date that you’ll both remember forever- maybe an anniversary, birthday or holiday. Christmas proposals are especially romantic.
- Look the Part– Spend some extra time on grooming and choosing a great outfit, this moment will be captured in your hearts and perhaps in photographs forever, so make sure you look your best.
- Surprise! -Although you want to ensure you are both on the same page and ready for marriage, try to ensure the actual proposal is a surprise. The look on your beloved’s face will be a picture!
- Proposal Photographs– These memories will last a lifetime, so don’t forget to immortalize the magical moment, with a series of photographs you will both treasure forever.
Picvoyage is an innovative premium vacation photography service that pairs photographers with vacationers, in the case of proposals they can hide in plain sight waiting for the right moment to take candid shots of you popping the big question! Find them on Facebook and Twitter.
Vacation photography is the latest travel trend, selfies are out, contact Picvoyage and connect with a local photographer who will capture all the precious memories from your trip!